Terms and Conditions for Access
Nevada Secretary of State (NVSOS) Websites
These terms and conditions shall govern use by the public of NVSOS websites whether or not restricted by identification of the user through authentication, such as user name and password. Additional terms and conditions may apply to websites that are restricted to users whose identity must be authenticated.
By using any NVSOS website, you agree:
1. The Secretary of State is not responsible for the content, completeness or accuracy of any document filed in this office. Customers should periodically review the documents on file in this office to ensure that the documents pertaining to them are complete and accurate.
2. Pursuant to NRS 239.330, any person who knowingly offers any false or forged instrument for filing in this office is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 5 years and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $10,000. Additionally, any person who knowingly offers any false or forged instrument for filing in this office may also be subject to civil liability.
3. Pursuant to NRS 205.397, any person who presents for filing in this office a lien against the real or personal property of a public officer, candidate for public office, public employee or participant in an official proceeding, or a member of the immediate family of a public officer, candidate for public office, public employee or participant, which is based on the performance of or failure to perform a duty relating to the office, employment or participation by the public officer, candidate for public office, public employee or participant if the person knows or has reason to know that the lien is forged or fraudulently altered, contains a false statement of material fact or is being filed in bad faith or for the purpose of harassing or defrauding any person is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 20 years and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $150,000. The person may also be subject to civil liability.
4. To not interfere, disrupt, or attempt to interfere or disrupt, the website, using any device, software, routine, or other means.
5. To not gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to areas not intended for public access. Much of what occurs in the public pages of NVSOS websites rely on the proper functioning of programs outside of public review and away from public access. Unauthorized entry into these areas, regardless of your intent, is forbidden.
6. That NVSOS does not warrant information on its websites as to its accuracy. For example, there may be a time delay between submission of files or records and the ability of public users to access information. NVSOS employees and contractors and any state personnel do not verify the accuracy of website entries before they are uploaded, and are not responsible for reviewing them after they are uploaded. NVSOS Website users therefore assume the risk of any inaccuracy in records.
7. That NVSOS’s making available its websites and information thereon to the public creates no individual duty or special relationship to you or any other user thereof. NVSOS, its staff, contractors and State of Nevada employees will not be liable for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of a NVSOS website.
8. NVSOS may terminate, suspend, or cease maintaining any website at any time. NVSOS makes no guarantee and will not be liable for such unavailability.
9. Information or data on your utilization of a website or which you provide NVSOS may be collected and retained by NVSOS and may be used by NVSOS to maintain or improve upon, or otherwise assist in the functioning of the website. NVSOS will not sell or disclose such information or data commercially, except public information (i.e., items not confidential and therefore deemed to be public records by law) may be sold in bulk form. Also, as consistent with confidentiality rules, information may be disclosed by NVSOS in response to a public records request pursuant to NRS Chapter 239 or an administrative or judicial subpoena, search warrant, or other order. NVSOS shall have no obligation to notify you of a public records request, subpoena, search warrant, or other order.
10. NVSOS websites may contain links to other portals. NVSOS does not have any responsibility for the correctness of the links or the accuracy of the websites so linked. Should you enter such other website, you may need to follow terms and conditions set forth by the person or entity responsible for such website.
11. Any dispute arising from use of NVSOS websites will be resolved according to Nevada law, without regard to conflict of law provisions or your state of residence. Any proceedings may be brought solely in the First Judicial District Court in and for Carson City, Nevada, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and be the exclusive venue.
12. These terms and conditions may change. Each time you use an NVSOS website, you will be bound by and should therefore review the terms and conditions as they then appear on the website.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact the Nevada Secretary of State at (775) 684-5708 or at email@example.com.
You are being directed to a web site outside of SilverFlume. Do you wish to continue?