Certain filing types have been temporarily disabled for troubleshooting purposes. These online filings will be available again soon.

SilverFlume FAQ

Nevada Disadvantaged Business Resources

1. Are you a woman, veteran or minority-owned business? 

If so, you may be eligible to apply for certification as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. A Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, also known as a DBE, is a small for-profit business concern that is 51% owned by a designated group, such a woman, veteran, or minority. 

To ensure Nevada is a premier business location for all businesses, the Nevada Legislature passed Assembly 436 in 2017. This legislation ensures that it's easy to obtain information concerning programs to provide financing for small businesses, in addition to information concerning the process by which the business may become certified as a disadvantaged business enterprise for the purposes of 49 C.F.R. § 26.5 or a program to provide financing for disadvantaged business enterprises.

Please visit the links below to learn about certification programs available for DBEs. 

Business Certifications

Women, Minority, and Veteran Business Assistance

2. Does your business need capital?
There a several programs that provide financing programs for your business. These programs are listed below.
a. Access to Capital
c. Issuance of Revenue Bonds for Industrial Development


3. Do you need training, free business planning and counseling, or other services?
Please visit Nevada Department of Business & Industry’s Business Resource Center. Another resources is also the downloadable Guide to Starting a Business in Nevada

Questions? Call the Secretary of State's Office at (775) 684-5708 option 9 or email support@nvsilverflume.gov.

This FAQ pertains to SilverFlume Nevada's Business Portal at www.nvsilverflume.gov.